This Grilled Barbeque Chicken Recipe is really good; but does take some time. When I saw the ingredients in this recipe I couldn’t wait to give it a try. The combination of ingredients along with the Sherry just looked really good. This is a simple recipe but you need to give yourself a lot of time, the chicken needs to marinate for 2-4 hours, and the sauce has to cook down to a barbeque sauce consistency, which could be done ahead of time, or while the chicken is marinating. You have to also add in the grilling time for the chicken which takes about an hour, but if you like firing up the grill this recipe is a lot of fun to prepare. Your family and friends will love it; just keep a lot of moist towel lets on hand because this chicken is sticky and finger licking good. So if you like to grill give this Grilled Barbeque Chicken Recipe a try-you’ll love it. Enjoy
|Grilled Barbeque Chicken Recipe||
- 3 to 4 pounds cut up whole chicken
- 1-1/2 cups dry sherry
- 1 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 can tomato sauce (15-ounce can)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Place chicken in a 1 gallon plastic bag- set in a shallow dish.
- In a medium bowl stir together sherry, onion, lemon juice, bay leaves, and garlic and pour it over chicken then seal the bag.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain chicken, reserving marinade. Cover and refrigerate chicken until ready to grill.
- For sauce, in a large saucepan combine the reserved marinade, the tomato puree, honey, molasses, salt, thyme, red pepper, and pepper. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until reduced to 2 cups, or to barbeque sauce consistency. Take out the bay leaves and add the vinegar.
- Place chicken pieces, bone sides down, on grill rack. Cover and grill for 50 to 60 minutes brushing with the sauce, and turning as needed until tender and no longer pink inside (internal temp. 165). Serve the chicken with any leftover sauce.
Comments are closed.