Fall is approaching quickly; school and football are just around the corner, so I decided to take advantage of the nice weather, and fire up the grill; well we still have the nice weather. Grilled Burgers always are a big hit in this house and this Cowboy Burger Recipe with fresh tomatoes was no exception. As far as I’m concerned there is not much better than the taste of fresh tomatoes on a grilled burger. Add the fried onions and cheese and this burger turns into a delicious work of art. If you are looking for something special to grill on Labor Day, give this recipe a try, you’ll love it.
|Grilled Cowboy Burger Recipe|
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 onions, thinly sliced, separated into rings
- 8 hamburger patties (1/4 lb. each)
- 8 slices bacon (cooked to crispy)
- 3 tablespoons A-1 Steak Sauce
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 8 hamburger buns, partially split
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add onions; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Cover with lid. Simmer 20 minute or until onions are golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, grill patties 5 minute on each side or until medium doneness (160ºF). Add a slice of cheese on each burger and close cover on grill until cheese is melted.
- Stir steak sauce into onion mixture.
- Place 1 tomato slice, bacon and burger on bottom half of each bun; add 3 tablespoons of the onion mixture on top bun. Fold together and serve.