After eating at the Asian buffet the other night I figured it was time for a change. This Wet Burrito Recipe was my Son’s idea; I thought it was a good one so I decided to give it a try. I have never eaten Wet Burritos, and Mexican cosine sounded real good for tonight’s supper. This is a simple recipe, and doesn’t involve a lot a prep time. I don’t like a lot of heat so I used mild enchilada sauce. If you like it hot, just use the hotter sauce, or spice it up with cayenne pepper. This recipe is delicious the way it is; but I am sure you could make any number of changes to it; to your liking. Enjoy
|Wet Burrito Recipe|
Recipe Type: Main
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can diced green Chile peppers
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili without beans
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 6 (12 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 8 ounces of sour cream
- Crumble ground beef into a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until evenly browned. Add onion, and cook until translucent. Drain grease, and season with garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir in the green chilies and refried beans until well blended. Turn off heat, but keep warm.
- Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium head.
- Add the onions and cook till they are translucent, and the burger is done and crumbly.
- Drain the onion and beef mixture and season with garlic, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Add the green chilies and refried beans and mix until well blended-set on the side keeping the mixture warm
- In a saucepan, combine the chili, tomato soup and enchilada sauce. Mix well, and cook over medium heat until heated through.
- Placing a warmed tortilla on a plate, spoon a generous 1/2 cup of the ground beef mixture onto the center. Roll up tortilla over the filling.
- Spoon a generous amount of sauce over the top; then sprinkle with the cheese.
- Heat in the microwave till cheese is melted, then top with green onions, sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes.
- NOTE: if the sauce is hot enough there is no need to microwave to melt the cheese-the sauce should take care of it.