Here in Upper Michigan the blueberry season is under way. I just love this time of year for berries, because almost every kind of berry we have up here is ripening. Most of the time when I make a berry pancake I usually mix in the berries into the batter. This Butter Milk Blueberry Pancake Recipe called for placing the berries on the pancake as it is cooking. I guess the biggest advantage is being able to place any number of berries you want into each pancake. The basic pancake recipe for these Butter Milk Blueberry Pancakes is excellent and I am sure the pancakes would taste great even without the berries.
Give this one a try, and enjoy!
|Butter Milk Blueberry Pancake Recipe|
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup blueberries ( fresh or frozen)
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs; then mix in the buttermilk and melted butter.
- Using a wooden spoon or a spatula mix the buttermilk mixture with the flour ingredients to form a batter.
- Over medium-high heat, spray a large skillet with cooking spray.
- Use a dipper to pour the batter into the pan to form the size pancakes you prefer, distributing the blueberries immediately on top of the pancake batter.
- Cook until golden brown on each side-a good way to tell if it is time to turn the pancake; is by small bubbles forming on the top. Usually takes 2 to 3 minutes on each side depending on how much heat you are cooking with.
- Serve with butter and syrup and enjoy.