Peanut butter cookies, chewy caramel and luscious milk chocolate combined in this recipe to create a delicious Cookie Candy Bar. This Peanut Butter Cookie Candy Bar Recipe will take you some time to prepare; but WOW is it worth it! I followed this recipe to the letter and it turned out perfect-so if you give this recipe a try, I would recommend you follow the recipe without making any changes.
I know it is kind of early to start talking about the Holidays, but this one you might want to print or bookmark for the upcoming holiday season. Enjoy
|Peanut Butter Cookie Candy Bar Recipe|
- Cookie Base
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® peanut butter cookie mix
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla
- Dash salt
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Caramel Layer
- 1 bag (14 oz) caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 bag (11.5 oz) milk chocolate chips (2 cups)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom only of 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, stir cookie base ingredients until soft dough forms. Press dough in bottom of pan. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat all filling ingredients except powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy and smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until well blended (filling will be thick). Press filling over cookie base. Refrigerate while preparing caramel layer.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat caramels and 2 tablespoons water over low heat, stirring constantly, until caramels are melted. Stir in peanuts. Spread evenly over filling. Refrigerate about 15 minutes or until caramel layer is firm.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring once, until melted. Spread evenly over caramel layer. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until chocolate is set. For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows. Store covered at room temperature.