This is a great recipe if you are new to Instant Pot. It doesn’t require that many ingredients and cooks fairly quick. There is a little bit of extra time involved reducing the sauce. If you like Asian food give this one a try, it’s really good.
4 chicken leg quarters separated legs and thighs (I purchased 1 package of legs and 1 package of thighs because they were on sale cheaper than buying the leg quarters)
Instant Pot Chicken Adobo
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- A ¼ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 5 cloves garlic (crushed and minced)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 2 green onions (sliced)
- Cooked rice
- Generously salt and pepper the chicken. Place the oil in the Instant Pot, set to hot sauté, and brown chicken in 2 batches. (about 7 minutes)
- Place all the chicken in the instant Pot and add the soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, garlic, bay leaves, yellow onion, and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Attach lid, close vent, and pressure cook on high for 8 minutes. Carefully fast release pressure and remove the lid when Instant pot is ready being careful not to get burned. Turn Instant Pot back to high sauté setting, bring mixture to a boil, and continue cooking until sauce is dark brown and fragrant.
- Serve over rice garnished with the green onions.
Adapted from Food Network