It has been a little while sense I used my Instant Pot so when I saw this Instant Pot Sloppy Joes
The recipe I decided does give it a try. This would be a great dish for after school and I’m sure your kids will love it.
Instant Pot Sloppy Joes
- 1-pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped or ½ of a large
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed and minced)
- ½ cup beef broth
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 medium green bell pepper (Chopped)
- ½ cup celery (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- A ¼ cup of water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Turn instant pot to sauté. While Instant Pot is heating in a medium size bowl mix together the ketchup, brown sugar, tomato paste, mustard, vinegar, chili powder, and Worcestershire sauce; set aside.
- Lightly spray the instant pot with cooking spray, add the burger and garlic, and cook until burger is browned, breaking it up as it cooks; drain excess fat if needed. Mix in the onion, pepper, and celery and cook for about 2 minutes. Mix in the beef broth and tomato sauce mixture, seal the pot, and pressure cook on manual high pressure for 7 minutes; and then quickly release the pressure.
- Mix the water and cornstarch together and stir the cornstarch mixture into the Instant Pot, set to sauté, and cook until mixture thickens. (about 2 minutes)
Adapted from I Don’t Have Time for That