I needed a good side dish to go with chicken wings on Super Bowl Sunday and I decided on this Shrimp and Pasta Salad Recipe. It has a lot of nice color with a delicious combination of salad dressing and vegetables. I think this recipe would also work out great for a pot luck or social get together. This Shrimp and Pasta Salad is a very simple recipe with very little prep time. Just be sure to allow enough time for the salad to sit and blend in the flavors. Enjoy
|Italian Shrimp and Pasta Salad Recipe||
- 2 cups small shell pasta, uncooked
- 8 oz package cooked shrimp, halved
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning or to taste
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water as directed on package. Rinse under cold water. Drain.
- In a large bowl, toss pasta in with shrimp, celery, green and red bell peppers, tomato and red onion.
- Mix mayo, salad dressing, and Old Bay seasoning in small bowl. Pour over pasta mixture and mix well. Then add the cheddar cheese and Cover.
- Refrigerate 2 hours