This Sausage and Mushroom Penne Recipe is a quick dish that can be put together after work. This is a one dish meal so you don’t have to worry about doing a lot of dishes after supper.
I usually shy away from recipes that call for cooking the pasta as part of the dish instead of separately, but this dish surprised me; the pasta was done perfectly.
Basically, this is a simple recipe that doesn’t require a lot of ingredients and is quick to prepare. This is a mildly seasoned recipe so you could spice it up a little more if you wanted to.
The next time you’re in the mood for pasta give this Sausage and Mushroom Penne Recipe a try; it’s really good.
One Dish Sausage and Mushroom Penne Recipe
- 12 ounces of bulk sweet Italian sausage (or casing removed)
- 4 ounces of fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces/with juice)
- 3/4 cups half and half
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet brown the sausage until no longer pink inside. Add the mushrooms and continue cooking until mushrooms start to brown. Remove the sausage mixture and set aside in a bowl.
- In the same skillet pour in the broth, tomatoes, pasta and half and half. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to simmer and cook until pasta is al dente; stirring occasionally.
- Add the sausage back into the mixture; salt and pepper to taste and then stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle the other half cup of cheese over the top-cover and let rest for 5 minutes and serve hot. Enjoy