This is another simple, quick and good recipe. In less than an hour, you can have this Simple Stovetop Italian Macaroni dinner on the table. This recipe does not call for a lot of ingredients so there is a good chance you may have everything you need on hand, and because this is a one dish recipe clean-up is a snap.
This recipe would be great for after work, or school, or if you just need to put something quickly together because you have had a really busy day.
One Dish Stove top Italian Macaroni Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can diced tomatoes (28 ounces)
- 2 cups of water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper or to taste
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven break up and cook ground beef until no longer pink inside. Drain if needed.
- Add the tomatoes to the meat and stir in the water, elbow macaroni, Italian seasoning, onion soup mix, and red pepper flakes. Bring mixture to a boil and reduce heat to a high simmer. Cook covered, stirring occasionally until macaroni is tender. Off heat; Stir in the shredded Parmesan and top with the Mozzarella cheese. Cover and let rest until cheese is melted. (I sprinkled the Mozzarella cheese on each dish as I served it.)
Adapted from Taste of Home