If you’re looking for a good side dish to go with your next cookout give this Countryside Italian Cold Salad Recipe a try. This is a quick and simple recipe with most of the cooking time being for the pasta. You can make the salad ahead of time, or prepare it at the same time you are grilling.
Countryside Italian Cold Salad Recipe
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces each drained)
- 2 cups bow tie pasta
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup basil (chopped)
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese (Cubed)
- 4 slices bacon (cooked to crispy or store-bought pre-cooked – chopped)
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, drizzle olive oil over the pasta, toss, and cool.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients and refrigerate until chilled.