This One Pan Roasted Chicken and Potatoes is really close to a one dish meal; just add a vegetable and supper is ready. This recipe does take a little time to put together because of the marinating time which is at least 2 hours. I didn’t feel like dealing with it the next day so I let it marinade overnight which allowed the seasoning to blend in nicely.
If you’re looking for a hearty and delicious chicken dinner give this one a try.
One Pan Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
- 3 pounds of Mixed Chicken Drumsticks and Thighs
- 2 teaspoons of Dried Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons of Fresh Rosemary (leaves stripped from the stem and roughly chopped)
- 2 teaspoons of Garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Onion powder
- 1½ teaspoons of Dried Thyme
- 2 teaspoons of Dried Sage
- 1 Tablespoon of Dijon Mustard
- 1/3 cup of Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
- About 12 cloves of Garlic (unpeeled)
- 1½ pounds of Baby Red Potatoes (halved)
- Additional Olive Oil to coat potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl mix together the olive oil, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, mustard, sage, thyme, lemon juice, garlic cloves, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken and mix until well coated, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Allow chicken to set at least 10 minutes when removed from the refrigerator. While chicken is resting mix the potatoes with a light coating of olive oil and then mix in the rosemary.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Lightly coat a 13×9 baking dish with cooking spray and arrange the chicken on the bottom along with any leftover marinade. Place the potatoes around the chicken pieces.
- Roast for 1 hour or until potatoes and chicken are done. (185F. for the chicken)
Adapted from: Laura in the Kitchen