This baked chicken thighs for two recipes only takes a few minutes to put together and has a really good flavor.
The sauce was really good served over rice.
Easy Baked Chicken Thighs for Two
- 4 chicken thighs (skin and any excess fat removed)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 ounces)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar (I use Splenda instead of sugar)
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a small bowl mix together all the sauce ingredients.
- Lightly spray a shallow baking dish with cooking spray. (I used a 1.75-quart baking dish)
- Pat chicken dry using paper toweling and arrange chicken on the bottom of the baking dish in a single layer – salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken and bake uncovered for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until chicken is done. (185F.)
- Serve over rice or hash browns.