My puppy dog’s cupboard was bare so I either had to go to the store and buy dog treats or fire up the oven and make my own so I decided on these Peanut butter and Banana Dog Treats.
Even though these are dog treats my wife and I always try the finished product and I thought these were pretty good – my wife thought they were the best yet, so “Hunter”, our English setter, may have some competition for these. LOL
Peanut butter and Banana Dog Treats Recipe
- 1 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup rolled oats (old fashion or quick oats)
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter (preferably all natural)
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the egg, peanut butter, bananas, sugar, and oil.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour and rolled oats.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients using a spoon until dough forms. Using your hands knead the dough until it comes together; place on a lightly floured work surface and roll out to ¼ inch thickness.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut biscuits with a cookie cutter to desired shape and place on cookie sheet. Bake until treats start to brown and are kind of hard. (20 – 25 minutes)
- Cool before serving.
- Makes 36 depending on size.