What a great time of year for recipes that utilize the use of fresh produce. This Ratatouille with Chicken Recipe is delicious and is a great way to use some of that summer squash and eggplant. This is a simple recipe that is easy to prepare and cooks fairly quickly so you can have supper on the table in less than an hour. Enjoy
Ratatouille with Chicken Recipe
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed and minced)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 small eggplant (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 medium zucchini (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 medium summer squash (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (28 ounces)
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- Grated Parmesan for serving
- Pat chicken dry and season generously with salt and pepper. Using the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat cook chicken skin side down until well browned. Flip and continue cooking until another side is browned; remove chicken to a platter and set aside.
- Place onion in the now empty skillet, add a pinch of salt and cook until onion starts to brown. Add the garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, and then mix in the eggplant and squash.
- Add the tomatoes and broth to the mixture and work the chicken into the sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, on simmer until chicken is done. (185F)
- Serve hot garnished with Parmesan cheese.
- (I served over spaghetti)