I love the fresh berry season and blueberries are one of my favorites. This Blueberry Crumbles for Two recipes is just right for two people. This recipe requires very little prep time and bakes in less than half an hour. Serve it warm with ice cream and it is a delicious desert.
Blueberry Crumbles for Two
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups blueberries
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup old fashion rolled oats
- ¼ cup light brown sugar (packed)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (cut into 4 pieces and chilled)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a medium bowl gently mix together the blueberries with the granulated sugar, cornstarch, and a pinch of salt. Divide blueberries between 2 – 12-ounce ramekins.
- In another medium size bowl mix together the oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Using your hands work the butter into the mixture until dime size clumps form; sprinkle the mixture over the top of the blueberries.
- Place ramekins on a cookie sheet and bake until bubbly around the edges and topping is a deep golden brown.
- Let cool 15 minutes before serving.
Adapted from Cooks Country Cooking for Two Cookbook