This is a great one dish recipe if you want to free up some time. There is very little prep time and once it’s in the slow cooker it will take care of itself until supper time.
This recipe uses salsa as one of the ingredients, I used mild, but if you want to turn up the heat a little bit use medium or hot.
Slow Cooker Spicy Beans with Smoked Turkey Sausage
- 1 package smoked turkey sausage (12–16 ounces cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 can kidney beans (16 ounces drained and rinsed)
- 1 can black beans (16 ounces drained and rinsed)
- 1 can great northern beans (16 ounces drained and rinsed)
- 1 ½ cups frozen corn
- 1 ½ cups salsa
- 1 large green pepper (chopped)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- A ¾ cup of water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Teaspoon ground cumin
- Mix all ingredients together in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or until vegetables are done and sausage is cooked through.
- Serve hot.
Adapted from tasteofhome Slow Cooker cookbook