Here is another simple one dish recipe that is just the right amount for serving 2 people. It uses store bought ravioli witch reduces the prep time considerably and cooks fairly quickly.
Skillet Ravioli with Meat Sauce for Two
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 8 ounces of mushrooms (cleaned and quartered)
- 8 ounces bulk Italian sausage
- 1½ cups water
- 1 package cheese ravioli (fresh or frozen-frozen will take a little longer to cook)
- ½ tablespoon dried basil
- grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Using the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat cook the onion and mushrooms until onions start to brown; stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the sausage to the meat mixture and cook while breaking up the sausage. Cook until sausage is no longer pink inside. Stir in 1/8 teaspoon pepper and the dried basil, continue cooking until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Add the water and ravioli to the mixture and cook at a high simmer until ravioli is done. (if cooking from frozen you might have to add some extra water if the sauce gets too thick)
- Serve topped with the Parmesan cheese.
Adapted from Cooks Country Cooking for Two