Deep Fried Apples are one of my favorite treats in the fall. There are many ways to prepare them, some use cinnamon and sugar, others just cinnamon. I don’t like to hide the taste of the apple slices so I just dip them in batter and deep fry them; lightly salting them when they are done. They make a great side dish or a standalone treat.
Give these Deep Fried Apples a try; enjoy
Simple Deep Fried Apples Recipe
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 11/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4–5 apples (peeled, cored, and sliced into ½ inch slices)
- Oil for deep frying
- Preheat deep fryer to 375F.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the egg and milk.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until smooth. (Batter will be on the thin side)
- Dip apple slices in batter and deep fry until golden brown. Place on paper toweling to drain, and salt to taste.