I had to dig into the spice rack kind of deep to come up with the seasoning for this one. But it was great. We had it all on hand. This simple southern fried chicken recipe is sure to please everyone in your family. It’s not KFC, but it is very good . I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did.
Simple Southern Fried Chicken Recipe
Recipe Type: Main
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon ground thyme
- 1 tablespoon sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 large eggs
- Blend the flour and all the spices together.
- [url href=”http://cullyskitchen.com/simple-southern-fried-chicken-recipe/spices-for-southern-fried-chicken/”][img src=”http://cullyskitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/spices-for-southern-fried-chicken.jpg” width=”150″ height=”150″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”spices-for-southern-fried-chicken” alt=”spices-for-southern-fried-chicken”][/url]
- Slightly beat the eggs in a separate bowl for dipping the chicken.
- Dip the chicken in the egg mixture-then roll it in the spice flour mixture.
- [url href=”http://cullyskitchen.com/simple-southern-fried-chicken-recipe/ubaked-southern-fried-chicken-prep-picture/”][img src=”http://cullyskitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/ubaked-southern-fried-chicken-prep-picture.jpg” width=”150″ height=”150″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”unbaked-southern-fried-chicken-prep-picture” alt=”unbaked-southern-fried-chicken-prep-picture”][/url]
- In a hot fry pan brown the chicken in oil.
- Place the chicken in a metal or glass baking pan and bake for 45 minutes at 350F.
- Note: I used 6 boneless chicken breasts for this recipe. I had plenty of spices left over. Unless you are cooking a large amount of chicken- this recipe could easily be cut in half. Enjoy!