Simple Southern Fried Chicken Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon ground thyme
- 1 tablespoon sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 large eggs
- Blend the flour and all the spices together.
- Slightly beat the eggs in a separate bowl for dipping the chicken.
- Dip the chicken in the egg mixture-then rolls it in the spiced flour mixture.
- In a hot fry pan brown the chicken in oil.
- Place the chicken in a metal or glass baking pan and bake for 45 minutes at 350F.
I used 6 boneless chicken breasts for this recipe. I had plenty of spices left over. Unless you are cooking a large amount of chicken- this recipe could easily be cut in half. Enjoy!