I was short on time and really wanted to make some donuts to go with my coffee in the morning. I did not have the time to make regular donuts so I decided to try this spoon donuts recipe.
This recipe requires just basic ingredients so there is a good chance you will have it all on hand. I had fresh donuts on the table in about 30 minutes.
I used a sugar cinnamon coating with this recipe but you could use plain sugar, confection sugar, or maybe even some chocolate.
If you’re in a hurry and want to put some sweet treats on the table give this Spoon Donuts Recipe a try; enjoy.
Simple Spoon Donuts Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- A ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- A ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg beaten
- For sugar Cinnamon coating
- A ½ cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat deep fryer to 375F.
- Whisk all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl and then mix in the vegetable oil, milk, and egg until mixture is smooth.
- In a shallow dish whisk together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Place a spoon full of batter at a time into the deep fryer. Cook for about 3 minutes or until golden brown on both sides. Place donuts on paper toweling to cool, and then roll the donuts in the sugar mixture.