This one-dish recipe is simple and quick making it a great recipe for after school or work. This string pie is basically baked spaghetti with a little different twist consisting of eggs and cottage cheese. There is plenty of room for extras like adding mushrooms and maybe some red pepper flakes to add a little heat; just use your imagination.
Give this one a try; Enjoy
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup onion (chopped)
- ¼ cup green pepper (chopped)
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces spaghetti (cooked and drained according to package directions)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- ½ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook spaghetti.
- While spaghetti is cooking in a large skillet over medium-high heat cook the burger, pepper, and onion until burger is no longer pink inside; drain excess fat if needed. Mix in the spaghetti sauce.
- In a large bowl mix together the spaghetti, eggs, Parmesan cheese, and butter.
- Place the spaghetti mixture into the bottom of a 13 x 9 casserole dish lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Spread the cottage cheese over the top and then top with the meat mixture. Sprinkle with the Mozzarella cheese and bake until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted; about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot