Wow! My slow cooker has been getting a lot of use lately. Spring time is busy and it allows me to prepare the recipes in my time frame. This Slow Cooker Italian Sausage and Pasta Recipe caught my eye because I have never attempted to cook pasta in the slow cooker. It worked out great as a one dish meal and the family wiped it right out. There were no leftovers. This is a very simple recipe with not a lot of prep time, you could put it on around 11 or 12; set it and forget it and finish it off just before supper time. If you’re running a busy schedule give this Slow Cooker Italian Sausage and Pasta Recipe a try and enjoy.
|Slow Cooker Italian Sausage and Pasta Recipe|
- 1 pound Italian Sausage links (halved)
- 1 jar 25.6 ounce Italian sausage spaghetti sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies (10 ounces undrained)
- 1 package fresh mushrooms (8 0z sliced)
- 1 large green pepper (sliced)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (sliced or diced)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown the sausage links; then cut them in half, and place in the slow cooker.
- Add all the other ingredients to the slow cooker- except for the pasta.
- Cook on low for 6 hours
- Add the pasta and cook on high for 30-40 minutes until pasta is tender-Enjoy (if you would rather cook the pasta separately-just cook it on top of the stove, then mix it into the slow cooker. (This recipe is very saucy; so you could easily use 1 pound of pasta without it being too dry.)