I had a Leg of Lamb in the freezer I have wanted to cook but just have not had the time. In order to get it done, I decided on this Slow Cooker Leg of Lamb Recipe.
This is a simple recipe that doesn’t require a lot of ingredients, but you need to allow enough time to marinate it overnight if you want to get it into the slow cooker the next morning.
This recipe is bone-in with the shank cut off so it would fit in the slow cooker-I am sure you could also use a boneless leg of ham if that’s what you have available.
Slow Cooker Leg of Lamb Recipe
- 1 leg of lamb (4–5 pounds)
- 1/ 4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl mix together the honey, Dijon mustard, rosemary, black pepper, lemon zest, and garlic.
- Place the leg of lamb in a large plastic container or bowl and using your hands rub the spice mixture over the lamb. Cover with plastic wrap to seal the spices in and refrigerate overnight.
- Place the lamb in the slow cooker, add salt to taste, and cook on low for 7-8 hours or to the desired doneness.