I had a lot of yard work to get done so I needed to free up some time. This slow cooker recipe from Taste of Home cookbook looked pretty good so I decided to give it a try. It requires only a few ingredients with almost no prep time.
Slow Cooker Moist Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
- 3 pounds’ chicken drumsticks
- 1 can tomato sauce
- A ½ cup of soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves (sliced thin)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Place drumsticks in a slow cooker lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl mix together the tomato sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, and garlic and pour the sauce mixture over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken juices run clear. (internal temp. of 185F)
- Remove the chicken to a serving platter and pour the juices into a small sauce pan.
- In a small glass mix together the cornstarch and water.
- Skim any fat from the surface of the sauce, bring the mixture to a boil, and then stir in the cornstarch mixture. Stir and cook until mixture thickens.
- Serve sauce with the chicken.