I had to take care of some business out of town and needed something easy and quick again. I was going to out for the afternoon and wanted supper pretty much ready when I got home. Another set it and forget it slow cooker recipe caught my eye again. This Slow Cooker Saucy Chicken Thighs Recipe was delicious. The chicken was so tender It just melted in my mouth and the combination of honey and barbeque combined with the other ingredients was excellent. This one is going on my favorites list. If you get pinched for time and need a simple recipe your family will love give this Slow Cooker Saucy Chicken Thighs Recipe a try you will love it.
|Slow Cooker Saucy Chicken Thighs Recipe|
- 9 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1-1/2 cups barbeque sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 Teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 Teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 Teaspoon Hot Pepper sauce or to taste
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and place on a boiler pan.
- Broil on high 4-5 inches from the heat 3-4 minutes on each side until lightly browned. Place in the slow cooker.
- in a small bowl combine the barbeque sauce, honey, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and pepper sauce.
- Pour over chicken-cover and cook 4-5 hours on low or until juices run clear. (Or internal temp. of 165F)
- Serve with rice or potatoes