I love macaroni and cheese so I thought I would give this Velveeta Chicken Spaghetti Recipe a try. I am not hot on something that got a lot of heat in it so I was a little cautious when I realized that the redipe called for Rotel Tomatoes, but I decided to give it a try anyway. Actually because of the large amount of other ingredients it was little spicy but not really hot. The result was a nice creamy dish with good flavor. I thought it was ok, but then to my surprise the family loved it, and that’s what counts. You can make any changes you like; I followed the recipe as it is written. If you would like it less juicy or a little creamier just use more or less chicken broth. So if you’re looking for something a little different tonight give this Velveeta Chicken Spaghetti Recipe a try and enjoy.
|Velveeta Chicken Spaghetti Recipe||
- 1 bell pepper (chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 2 (12 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.5 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (bite size cubes)
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans Rotel Tomatoes (drained)
- 1 lb thin spaghetti
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese (cubed)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 (4 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced black olives
- In a large skillet, sauté bell pepper and onion in olive oil.
- Using 1 can of chicken broth with the chicken. Simmer until tender.
- Add the soup and Rotel tomatoes. Stir well. Simmer for about 15 minutes until chicken is done.
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling water until just slightly cooked “al dente. Drain, rinse, and set aside until you are ready to mix with chicken/sauce ingredients in baking dish for the oven.
- In a large 10 x 14 baking dish, place the cooked and cut up chicken, cooked spaghetti, chicken broth, Velveeta cheese, salt and pepper, green pepper, mushrooms, and onion; Stir well to mix all ingredients evenly.
- Stir once after about 15 minutes in the oven (be careful) after the cheese has had time to melt. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Garnish with sliced olives (optional)