If you are looking for something quick for lunch or supper give this Turkey Sloppy Joes Recipe a try. It has a really good combination of flavors and gets you away from the red meat. It seems like I have been preparing a lot of beef lately so I figured this would be a good choice. I prepared the recipe as is and it turned out great. If you are serving for a larger crowd just double or triple the recipe for whatever you need. This is a simple recipe and very quick to prepare. I was in a hurry and this Turkey Sloppy Joes Recipe was just what I needed. If you want to fancy it up a bit; you could add chopped green pepper, celery and or mushrooms. Enjoy
|Turkey Sloppy Joes Recipe||
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hamburger buns (split)
- In a nonstick skillet (I used a regular skillet with non-stick spray), cook the turkey and onion for 5 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink.
- In a separate bowl combine, ketchup, barbecue sauce, prepared mustard, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, celery seed and pepper.
- Add mixture to the turkey and onion and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve over buns.