I had some cherries in the freezer from last summer I wanted to use up so I decided to put this Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Cherry Pork Chops Recipe on the menu for tonight’s supper.
I wasn’t sure how the cherries would partner with the pork but it turned out to be a tasty combination of flavors. The honey in the recipe gives it, its sweetness, which is offset a little bit by the tartness of the sour cherries.
The only problem I had was figuring out what to serve with it. I decided to serve the dish over rice which worked out very well. If you have some fresh or frozen pie cherries on hand give this one a try. Enjoy
Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Cherry Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pitted sour cherries
- 1 medium sweet onion (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 1/ 2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- In the bottom of the slow cooker combine the cherries, honey, salt, pepper, and onion. Organize the pork chops on top, cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until pork is tender.
- Remove the chops from the slow cooker and cover with foil to keep warm while preparing the sauce.
- in a small cup or glass mix together the water and cornstarch until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Skim any excess fat from the top of the juices and pour it into a small saucepan. Bring the juice to a boil and stir in the cornstarch mixture to form the sauce.
- Serve sauce over the pork chops