I always look forward to the fall and the deer hunting season that it brings with it. I have had a pretty successful season and have been looking forward to preparing some Venison Stew. I had a very busy day coming up and decided on a Venison Stew Slow Cooker Recipe. I really needed something I could prepare in the morning so I could set it and forget it till dinner time that night. I had some out of town business to take care of and when I returned to the house that evening the delicious smell of the cooking Venison Stew filled the whole house.
This is pretty much a basic recipe and you could successfully alter the ingredients almost anyway you would like, or substitute beef stew meat in place of the Venison.
|Slow Cooker Venison Stew Recipe|
- 2 lbs venison or beef stew meat ( cut into 1” cubes)
- 2 Tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 carrots (sliced)
- 5 medium potatoes (diced)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2 stalks of celery (sliced)
- Brown meat in a large skillet using oil.
- Transfer meat to the slow cooker.
- In a bowl with the 2 cups of beef broth Mix in the flour, pepper and salt until the flour is thoroughly combined into the mixture.
- Pour over meat and coat.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or until vegetables and meat are tender.