I think it has been, since the kids were young, that I have prepared a Tater Tot Casserole. This use to be one of our favorites, and for some reason we have kind of gotten away from it. So even though the kids are away at school I decided it was Tater Tot Casserole for dinner tonight. Like many of my recipes, this is a simple recipe and does not take a long time to prepare. This recipe calls for Worcestershire sauce mixed with cream of mushroom, and celery soup, which I thought was a little questionable, but it was a very delicious combination. I’m sure there are some other ingredients you could add in here; like sliced mushrooms, or even mixed vegetables, but this Tater Tot Casserole Recipe is very good as is.
|Tater Tot Casserole Recipe||
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen tater tots
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef mixed with the onions until the beef is well browned and the onions are translucent.
- In a bowl mix the 2 cans of soup together and add the Worcestershire sauce.
- Put browned ground beef and onions in a 9×13 casserole dish and cover with the soup mixture. Then distribute the chopped celery over the top and add the cheese.
- Finish off by distributing the tater tots over the top.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour-Enjoy