The idea of milk chocolate and marshmallow in a muffin recipe sounded so good I had to give it a try. These S’ more Muffins turned out moist and delicious. This is a small recipe that makes only 6 muffins so you may have to double the recipe depending on the number you are feeding. These are so good it’s hard to eat just 1.
The next time you’re in the mood for a sweet treat give this S’ more Muffins Recipe a try; they are really good.
S’more Muffins Recipe
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar (packed)
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons milk (2%)
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons marshmallow cream
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a medium-size bowl using an electric mixer, mix together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and then mix in the sour cream.
- in a separate medium-size bowl whisk together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Add dry mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk until just moistened, and then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Lightly spray 6 muffin cups with cooking spray, and fill the other 6 half full of water. Fill muffin tins ¼ full of batter followed by 1 tablespoon of marshmallow cream. (I sprayed the measuring spoon with cooking to help keep the marshmallow cream from sticking.) Divide the remaining batter between the 6 cups over the top of the marshmallow cream.
- Bake for 14 – 16 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes and then place them on a wire rack.
- Serve warm
Adapted from Taste of Home Cookbook