The Holidays are a great time of the year. But this past Holiday just like the rest, their was too much good food. As a result we have tried to cut back on the sweets a little bit in an effort to get rid of a few extra pounds. I just had to make an exception for this Strawberry Coffee Cake Recipe. You don’t see Strawberry Coffee cake to often. I just had to give it a try. Absolutely Delicious!
Strawberry Coffee Cake Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
Serves: 1 cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2-2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- [url href=”https://cullyskitchen.com/strawberry-coffee-cake-recipe/strawberry-coffee-cake-recipe-picture-1/”][img src=”https://cullyskitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Strawberry-Coffee-Cake-Recipe-picture-1.jpg” width=”240″ height=”160″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Strawberry Coffee Cake Recipe picture 1″ alt=”Strawberry Coffee Cake Recipe picture 1″][/url] [url href=”https://cullyskitchen.com/strawberry-coffee-cake-recipe/strawberry-coffee-cake-recipe-picture-2/”][img src=”https://cullyskitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Strawberry-Coffee-Cake-Recipe-picture-2.jpg” width=”240″ height=”160″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Strawberry Coffee Cake Recipe picture 2″ alt=”Strawberry Coffee Cake Recipe picture 2″][/url]
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; stir to mix.
- In a second bowl, add the egg, milk and butter; stir to mix; add to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Pour mixture into a greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Place strawberries evenly over the top of batter.
- To make the topping: Combine the flour and sugar in a bowl.
- With a pastry blender, cut in the butter until consistency of coarse crumbs.
- Stir in pecans.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over the strawberries.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean.