I love stuffed shells. I don’t make them very often because they are quite a bit of work. If you like tacos you will love this taco stuffed shells recipe. Be careful not to overcook the shells.
You want the pasta to be firm enough, and in shape for stuffing. I cooked the shells while I was preparing the stuffing. This would be an absolutely great recipe for a potluck or party.
This recipe serves 12. I doubled it. 3 people in this family and we wiped it out. Just delicious. Enjoy
Taco Stuffed Shells Recipe
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 package cream cheese (4 ounces)
- 12 large pasta shells
- 1 cup of salsa
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1 ½ cups tortilla chips (crushed)
- 3 green onions (chopped)
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a fry pan cook ground beef and add taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions.
- Add cream cheese cover and simmer until cheese is melted. Blend well. Set aside and allow to fully cool.
- While the burger is cooking cook the pasta shells.
- Pour salsa in the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Stuff each shell with the meat mixture. Place the stuffed shells in the baking dish and cover the tops of the shells with taco sauce.
- Cover and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, uncover, and sprinkle crushed chips and shredded cheddar and Monterey jack cheeses on top.
- Cook until cheese is melted-for about 15 more minutes.
- Serve with sour cream.