1. 4 cups fresh blueberries or frozen blueberries
2. 2 cups sugar
3. 2 tablespoons water
4. 4 cups half-and-half cream
1. In a large saucepan, combine the blueberries, sugar and water; bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until sugar is dissolved and the blueberries are softened.
3. Strain mixture and discard seeds and skins.
4. Stir in cream.
5. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
6. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two thirds full and freeze according to the manufacture’s directions.
7. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.
8. Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or firm up in regular freezer for 2-4 hours before serving.