We still have some fresh garden tomatoes at the farmers markets here in upper Michigan. I love grilled burgers topped with fresh tomatoes so when I saw this Grilled Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey Burgers recipe I decided to fire up the grill.
This is a very simple recipe that is quick to put together and requires few ingredients. I don’t drink alcohol very much but I love incorporating it into recipes. You can taste the whisky in the recipe but it’s not so strong that it over flavors the burger. I thought the end result was really good; my wife thought they were delicious.
Fire up the grill and give these Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey Burgers a try.
Adapted from Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey web site.
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- 6 slices American cheese
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 6 slices of bacon (cooked to crispy and drained on paper toweling)
- 1 large tomato (sliced)
- 6 hamburger buns
- 3 tablespoons Tennessee Whiskey
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- Preheat and prepare the grill for high heat.
- In a medium size bowl mix together the whiskey, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and liquid smoke.
- In a large bowl mix together the burger, and 3 tablespoons of the whiskey mixture. (Hands work best for this) Form the burger into six patties.
- Grill the burgers on high heat until browned and slightly charred on both sides. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking to desired doneness using a basting brush to coat the burgers with the rest of the whiskey sauce.
- While the burgers are grilling toast the buns cut side down until lightly toasted and set aside.
- Just before the burgers are done place a slice of cheese on each burger, cove the grill, and continue grilling until cheese is melted.
- Assemble the burgers by layering the burger, bacon, onion, and tomato slices on the bun.