1 lb ground beef
1 large onion, diced
1 clove garlic, chopped
8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 egg, beaten
1 (26 ounce) jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
8 ounces tomato sauce
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
18 jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
1/3 cup dry red wine
1. Cook the shells according to directions on package.
2. In a large fry pan brown the Burger, Onion and Garlic. Drain and let cool.
3. After the burger has cooled combine meat, mozzarella cheese, bread crumbs, egg and parsley; season with salt and pepper.
4. Mix spaghetti sauce with tomato sauce; cover bottom of a 13×9 casserole dish with 1/4 of the sauce.
5. Stuff cooked, drained shells with the meat mixture and place on top of sauce in dish in a row.
6. Add red wine to remaining sauce and mix well; cover shells with sauce and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
7. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and browned.
I save a little of the Mozzarella Cheese and use it to garnish the top soon as it comes out of the oven.