I think this is rushing summer a little bit but when I saw fresh berries for sale at a local supermarket I couldn’t resist. I used a combination of black berries and blue berries in this recipe and it was just delicious, but you can use any combination you want. If you don’t feel like spending the money this time of year for fresh berries, book mark the page or print out the recipe. Before we know it summer will be here and we will have all kind of fresh produce. Give this Mixed Berry Muffin Recipe a try you’ll love it!
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 1/3 cups fresh berries
1. Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400°F.
2. Lightly butter or use cooking spray- twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups or place paper muffin cups in the muffin tin.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt to combine and make a well in the center.
4. In another medium bowl, whisk the milk, oil and eggs.
5. Mix well and pour into the well.
6. Stir just until blended.
7. Fold in the berries.
8. Spoon equal amounts of the batter into the muffin cups, filling them about three-fourths full.
9. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes.
10. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
11. Remove the muffins and serve warm or cool on a wire rack.