Everyone was in the mood for a breakfast supper so I decided to put this Simple Biscuits and Gravy Casserole Recipe on the menu for supper. This recipe is quick to put together and doesn’t require many ingredients.
This is another simple and good recipe, if you like biscuits and gravy, you’ll love this Biscuits and Gravy Casserole. This is a mildly seasoned recipe depending mainly on the seasoning that was used in the breakfast sausage.
- 1 can of large biscuits (I used Pillsbury Grand’s)
- 1 pound of bulk breakfast sausage
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 11/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2½ cups milk
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut the biscuits into quarters and place ½ of them in a 13 x 9 casserole dish lightly sprayed with cooking spray; bake for 10 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- While biscuits are baking cook the breakfast sausage over medium high heat, crumbling with a spatula while cooking. Cook until sausage is no longer pink inside; drain if needed. Stir the flour into the sausage, and cook until absorbed. (Couple of minutes) Gradually stir in the milk, salt, and pepper; bring the mixture to a slow boil and continue cooking until mixture just starts to thicken.
- Pour the sausage gravy over the top of the baked biscuits in the casserole dish and top with the remaining biscuits. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and casserole is bubbly.
- Serve hot
Adapted from blogchef.net