½ cup butter or margarine ( 1 stick )
½ cup Cocoa
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup chopped nuts ( optional )
1. Pre Heat oven to 350F
2. Grease or use non stick to coat a 8×8 inch backing pan.
3. In a medium sauce pan melt the butter or margarine.
4. Remove from heat and add the cocoa and mix till well blended.
5. Mix in the sugar and Vanilla.
6. Thoroughly blend in the eggs one egg at a time.
7. Add the flour and salt. Do not over beat. I mix in the flour till the whiteness disappears.
8. Fold in the nuts.
9. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.