½ teaspoon Salt
1 cup Low Fat Milk ( 2% or skim )
2 Egg Whites, slightly beaten
¼ cup Molasses
2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1. Preheat oven to 425 F
2. Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper baking cups or spray the bottoms with non stick cooking spray.
3. Combine all the dry ingredients except the brown sugar and mix well.
4. Separately mix together the milk, brown sugar, egg whites, molasses and oil. Combine with the dry ingredients and mix until moistened.
5. Fill prepared cups ¾ full.
6. Bake 15 to 17 minutes until golden brown.
In this batch I added 1/2 cup of frozen elder berries because I had them on hand. You can do the same using blue berries or raisins if you choose.