It has been a while since I have prepared a Mexican dish so I decided to put this Beefy Nacho Crescent Bake Recipe on the menu. It seems like whenever I attempt a recipe that requires me to do some twisting and turning of the dough with my hands it never comes out looking the way it should so I talked my wife into giving me a hand with this one.
This is a very simple recipe and doesn’t require many ingredients. It is also quick to prepare so you can have supper on the table in less than an hour. I prepared the recipe as written but there is room to make some changes-you could spice it up a little more or add some chopped jalapeno peppers.
I prepared the recipe as written and we really enjoyed it. The next time you’re in the mood for Mexican cuisine give this Beefy Nacho Crescent Bake Recipe a try, it’s really good.
Beefy Nacho Crescent Bake Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/ 4 teaspoon salt
- 1/ 8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can Nacho Cheese soup (condensed undiluted)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/ 4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can refrigerated crescent roll dough (8 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a large skillet cook the ground beef and onion until burger is no longer pink inside. Drain if needed. Stir in the cumin, oregano and chili powder and cook for another 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium size, bowl mixes together the milk and soup until smooth. Spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish with cooking spray and pour the soup mixture into the casserole dish.
- Roll the crescent roll dough out on a floured surface and separate dough into 4 rectangles and then press the perforations together to combine any seams.
- Using a rolling pin roll each piece out to about 4 x 8 inches and then cut them in half to equal 4-inch squares.
- Place about a 1/ 4 cup meat mixture in the center of each square. Pull the 4 corners up and then pinch and twist to seal the dough. Arrange the filled squares in the casserole dish on the soup mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top and continue baking until cheese is melted.
- Serve Hot-serves 4