Moist and juicy-these bacon lamb burgers are delicious. The ground lamb meat mixture is spread over the top of the bacon and then rolled to shape the burgers, and then cooked under the broiler.
When I first looked at this recipe I wasn’t sure how well the bacon would roll with the lamb meat and I was also a little nervous as to how well the burger would cut to create the burgers.
If the follow the recipe directions and use a sharp knife to cut the burgers, it all comes together pretty well. If you like lamb meats give this Broiled Bacon Lamb Burgers Recipe a try; it’s really good.
Broiled Bacon Lamb Burgers Recipe
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 pound ground lamb
- Fresh Bread crumbs from 2 slices of bread (use the blender to form fresh bread crumbs)
- 1 large egg
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium size, bowl mixes all the ingredients together except for the bacon.
- Lay the bacon slices on plastic wrap overlapping the edges slightly.
- Spread the meat mixture evenly over the top of the bacon. Using the plastic wrap for support role the bacon into the burger to form a roll. Secure the bacon with toothpicks if necessary. (I did not need to do this) refrigerate the meat mixture to firm it up for at least 2 hours, but no more than 8. Unwrap the lamb roll and using a sharp knife slice the burger into 8 equal size parties.
- Place the burgers on a broiler pan lightly sprayed with cooking spray and broil about 4-5 inches from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side.
- Serve over buns with your choice of condiments