Sometimes a lot can be said for keeping it simple. If you’re in a hurry this recipe is for you.
I didn’t have a lot of time to spare, and I had most of the ingredients on hand to put together this Chili Corn Chip Hot Dogs Recipe. I used the grill for the hot dogs, but if you don’t have the time to prepare the grill, the oven broiler should work out fine. This is basically a chili dog recipe with a few added ingredients. I decided to use whole-wheat hot dog buns for this recipe, but that was a matter of preference, replace them with white if you don’t care for the whole-wheat.
If you’re in a hurry and still have a desire to fire up the grill, give this Chili Corn Chip Hot Dogs Recipe a try. Enjoy
Chili Corn Chip Hot Dogs Recipe
- 6 bun length hot dogs
- 1 can chili without beans (15 ounces)
- 6 whole wheat hot dog buns
- 1/3 shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- ½ cup regular corn chips (coarsely crushed – I put the corn chips in a food grade plastic band and crushed them with a rolling pin)
- Prepare grill on medium-high heat. Grill hot dogs until grill mark form and dogs are slightly charred and heated through.
- While hot dogs are grilling heat the chili in a small saucepan according to can directions.
- Just before hot dogs are done place the buns cut side down on the grill; grill until lightly toasted.
- Serve the hot dogs in the bun topped with chili, onion, cheese, and crushed corn chips.
Adapted from Kraftrecipes.com