This Frozen Chocolate Desert Recipe is a chocolate lovers dream. It is smooth and creamy with a rich chocolate flavor. This is another simple and good recipe that doesn’t require a lot of prep time, but does require a significant amount of time in the freezer to set.
With summer time coming this is a chocolate lover’s perfect desert. It is cool like ice cream and has the smooth texture of rich chocolate pudding.
Give this Frozen Chocolate Desert Recipe a try; it’s delicious.
Frozen Chocolate Desert Recipe
- 6 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate (shaved into pieces)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Whipped cream for topping
- Place the chocolate pieces into a blender.
- In a small saucepan mix the sugar and water together. Bring to a full boil, and boil for 3 minutes.
- Pour the hot water over the chocolate in the blender, and blend for 6 seconds on high speed. Add egg yolks and blend for another 5 seconds or until smooth. Add heavy cream and blend for another 10 seconds.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into 4 Ramekin dishes. Set the dishes on a tray and cover with aluminum foil. Freeze for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 20 to 30 minutes before serving to soften up a little bit. Top with whipped cream.