Here is another really good recipe for Friday during Lent. This is a simple recipe doesn’t require many ingredients and there’s a good chance you may have them all on hand already. You can serve this pasta recipe as a side dish with shrimp or fish, or serve it as the main dish.
I think cooked shrimp added to the dish would be a delicious combination with the lemon and basil flavors.
Lemon Basil Pasta Recipe
- 8 ounces pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large bowl mix together the butter, lemon juice, basil, salt, and pepper. Fold in the pasta and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Serve immediately