What a great side dish. This Green Bean Casserole Recipe is just rich in flavor. It goes great with almost any main dish. I used fresh store bought beans for this recipe.
I am sure frozen would also work. The gardening season will be here shortly. I cant wait for the fresh vegetables. Give this recipe a try – you will be glad you did.
Green Bean Casserole Recipes
Recipe Type: Side
Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 Garlic cloves ( minced )
- 2 cups fresh sliced Mushrooms
- 6 cups fresh cut or frozen green beans
- 2 ( 10 ¾ ) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ( 2 7/8 ounce ) cans French Fried Onion rings
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large skillet add mushrooms, butter, and garlic. Sauté until mushrooms are semi-soft. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan cover the green beans with the chicken stock and cook until tender.
- Drain the beans but don’t rinse.
- In a large bowl combine Cream of Mushroom Soup, cooked mushrooms, Parmesan Cheese, pepper and onion rings.
- Mix thoroughly. Gently mix in the Green Beans.
- Pour into a 3-quart casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread the Cheddar Cheese over the top.
- Return to the oven till the cheese has melted and serve.
- Serves 6-Enjoy