I seem to be on a role with simple is good. This One Dish Pork Chops with Rice Recipe is about as simple as it gets, but incorporates a good blend of flavors. I was pinched for time and needed a simple recipe that would not take long to put together. This recipe is really basic and doesn’t require a lot of seasoning, so there is plenty of room to season it up a little more, if you would like. I prepared the recipe as written and thought it was really good just the way it is.
Another nice benefit of this One Dish Pork Chops with Rice Recipe is that it is very inexpensive to put together. The next time you want to try something a little different give this One Dish Pork Chops with Rice Recipe a try. Enjoy
- 4 boneless pork chops (1-1 1/2 inches thick)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- In a large skillet using the oil, lightly brown the pork chops and onion over medium high heat.
- [url href=”http://cullyskitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/a112.jpg”][img src=”http://cullyskitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/a112.jpg” alt=”pork chops” width=”240″ height=”160″ class=”alignnone size-full wp-image-7348″][/url] [url href=”http://cullyskitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/a211.jpg”][img src=”http://cullyskitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/a211.jpg” alt=”pork chops” width=”240″ height=”160″ class=”alignnone size-full wp-image-7349″][/url]
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and mix in the tomato sauce, and then add the brown sugar, salt, pepper and thyme. Stir in the chicken broth, mix in the rice, and simmer on low heat for about 30-40 minutes or until pork chops are done and rice is tender.