With the 4th of July coming up I thought this Shrimp Macaroni Salad Recipe would be a good choice for a recipe post. This is a very simple recipe that goes great with grilled burgers, chicken or pork on the grill. This recipe does not take long to prepare, but be sure to allow enough time for the salad to cool, and the flavors to blend. I followed the recipe as is; but you can add almost anything to your liking that would go good in a cold salad. If you are hosting a party or need a dish for a pot luck just double or adjust the recipe as needed. If you are looking for a recipe that is simple and good for a side dish for the 4th give this Shrimp Macaroni Salad Recipe a try. Enjoy
|Shrimp Macaroni Salad Recipe||
- 1 pound dry elbow macaroni, cooked, rinsed, and drained
- 2- 4 ounce packages of salad shrimp
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/ 2 cup minced red onion, soaked in cold water for 5 minutes, drained
- 2 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup diced vine-ripened tomato
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup prepared mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to Taste
- In a large bowl combine the macaroni, celery, onion, shredded cheddar, parsley, shrimp and tomato.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, vinegar, sour cream and salt. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to combine.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- (Cool for at least one hour before serving)