I have wanted to prepare this Chicken Marsala Recipe for some time now, but had a problem locating the Marsala wine. I did not want to use a substitute because there just seems to be something special about the taste of this wine. This is a very simple recipe with not much prep or cooking time, and requires very few ingredients. This recipe is on the light side and was a tasty change from the recipes I normally prepare. At the end of the cooking process I added a little corn starch to thicken the sauce up a little bit and it turned out great. I think the next time I prepare this recipe I will also add some extra wine to increase the amount of sauce a little bit; but this time I prepared the recipe as is, and served over egg noodles it was excellent. If you’re looking for a light and low-carb recipe; give this Simple Chicken Marsala Recipe a try, and enjoy.
|Simple Chicken Marsala Recipe||
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1- 8 oz package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- Parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, garlic salt, pepper, and oregano. Dredge chicken in the mixture to lightly coat. (Depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts you may want to flatten them a little between 2 layers of plastic if they are too thick.)
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry the chicken until lightly browned on one side. Turn chicken over; l then add the mushrooms. Cook the chicken until the other side of chicken is lightly browned. Stir mushrooms so that they cook evenly.
- Pour Marsala wine over the chicken. Cover skillet, and reduce heat to low; simmer for 10 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Serve over hot egg noodles garnished with Parsley.